Wednesday, December 24, 2008

On to Enjoy Christmas!

I'm excited to enjoy the real meaning of Christmas tomorrow, and to savor it. I know it's crazy to say that since we are on the eve of a mad dash to rip everything open under the Christmas tree, but it's true.

This "season" has been filled (too filled) with Christmas festivities. There was something every afternoon at Lu's school to attend the last week before break--thank goodness it was only a 4 day week. We were on the receiving end of being handed so many Christmas cards which I am grateful for, but at the moment added to the busyness as I was trying to collect my children or have conversations. The kids were doing Christmas cards for all their classmates, something not accomplished fully. We had multiple engagements at church such as leading worship, taking care of the kids, or singing/soloing in the Christmas carol service. Then other's open houses. The list goes on and on--all good things of course but now I am longing for a slower pace. We've baked so much the last couple days and had friends over because my back aches from combining work with the huge expansion that my belly has also undergone lately.

I'd like to pause and remember all the ways in which it seems the kids have grown in the last couple months also, but I'm keeping it short so I can go to bed. However, Jesse has said something recently that I've been enjoying recalling every day recently. He says that Luci and he are going to get married and move across the street from us so we can visit each other when they grow up. They both love the idea of being together when they are older and love the sentiment that he wants to be so close to us. He in fact mentioned it again today and pointed to unattractive tower block that is the view out our front window. So sweet.

Got to advance in watching Lost. D is 1 1/2 episodes ahead and we are both very impatient when we are not on the same episode.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Merry Christmas, Pam! Hailey and Noah were going to get married once upon a time. There is still talk among them about who gets to live in the downstairs flat from time to time.