Monday, December 01, 2008

Just Over the Week-end

It is now Monday and I have enjoyed a couple of Mondays without farmwork. It has given me a chance to have a cup of tea with a friend or stroll through Watney Market to see if anything is at the charity shop. It also has given me the opportunity to get a little more ahead on housework which, of course, I am sick of doing but enjoy the benefits of. I knew I would quit the farm when my stomach got unbearably big and I am not there yet but I don't think my tetanus is current so I felt I should stop now.

Our week-end had us successfully in the house all day. I say "successfully" because we realized (and the kids especially) that mobilizing for 6 out of 7 days a week (between school and church) gets old and we need the refreshment of staying in our pjs for however long we want to on Saturdays. It is actually a goal our ours to only go out for a newspaper of to walk Peanut. I did get dressed quite early on Saturday though as Rory, Anna, and a friend of theirs came over for pancakes. It was quite a nice day and I enjoyed watching J working very hard on writing Christmas cards for lots of friends. We didn't even get to the usual mom/Jesse crossword puzzle working.

Sunday was Thanksgiving for us here as we got to go to a friend's house and have Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of Brits and Americans. D did good making the green bean casserole, especially considering there is no French's onion topper though there is something a bit similar in the supermarkets. I made the stuffing from the box which is all I could handle yesterday after a morning of J not listening and getting them both to church. Our friends' house was so crowded with people, I was wondering how long it would last for us but everything got real neat and orderly when we sat down to eat (and quiet!) and it was awesome and delicious! Our kids were so well behaved. Jesse brought his homemade game along and made friends with the adults that way and Luci went around telling the adults to stop talking so that she could tune into the music and therefore dance.

And I almost forgot to mention that I went to a little presentation done by years 1 and 3 students at J's school on Friday. They handed out flyers for it the day before and, boy, am I glad I went. Jesse was star of the day in his class (given to the quietest usually every day) so he looked really cute on stage with a big yellow star pinned on him. He also delivered his line really well and then was awarded a special certificate from the author that had been working to put on this presentation with the kids. I haven't yet seen the certificate actually but I did see the 10 pound book voucher (gift card) as they say here. He was like, "But I already have a library card." So I had to explain that he would be able to pick out his very own to own.

Pictures to come, promise?

3 comments:

Dan said...

Pamela....great to see a new blog. I just vicariously left a message on Darren's blog to get "the goose" changed to something...anything! :) Love your writings. Dad

jeannie said...

Hi Pam! Glad you had a nice t-day get together even across the pond. Hope to see you soon. are you still thinking feb would work?

anonymom said...

Yeah! How did I miss that you were posting again? I should've known when I saw you on facebook to make a beeline to your blog. Look at all your entries...double yeah!