Friday, May 09, 2008

Thank you, considerate Bike Thief

Some of you may know of my visit and stay at the A and E (the ER) with Jesse this week--that's another story. But when I left him briefly at the hospital to jump to our house and let out Pea, as well as make some phone calls, I decided to return by bike and parked it out in front of the hospital. Today was pretty much my first chance to easily get it. As I took a look at my bike, I had the feeling that not all was the same. Yes, I wasn't seeing things. Someone has not only stolen my very cushy and generous bike seat, but they had replaced it with another, a ripped skinnier version. I thought to myself, "Why how strangely considerate of this person" or that maybe they just wanted to look legit while they were doing "bicycle work" out in the open. However, as I surveyed the seatless bikes to the right and left of mine, I counted myself lucky.

1 comment:

anonymom said...

Wow! I have to assume everybody's okay if we're talking bike seats.

My brain is sizzling trying to think of something clever to say about the very polite bike thief, but I'm stuck on "huh?!?"