Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Day Off in Heaven






'Twas my day off and it was fabulous. Went and had coffee with my friend Anna over in Hackney and met up there with 3 American girls and D who crashed here for about a day and a half. They all survived riding over on the canal in one long procession. Then went by Hackney farm and to see some Banksy art in the neighborhood on the way back to parking the bikes back at my place. I ran off to Mudchute Farm which was amazing, green pastures, animals at peace with lots of space. I even came home and went back on the train with Pea because I wanted my friend to enjoy it with.

Interesting fact--my friend John says that 2/3 of the world's rhubarb is grown in Britian. I have come to realize that the rhubarb plant in our back yard is not so special as there is rhubarb growing at the edges of parking lots here.

Can't explain pictures--must retire! Except I want to say that you can see financial district of Canary Wharf behind the green pastures! Amazing to see the cows and sheep against that backdrop and actually ASDA (actually Walmart with a different name) is also right beyond the green. What a contrast!

2 comments:

sfitz said...

Rhubarb grows on street corners there? Mark might like London after all!

anonymom said...

Can't wait to hear the story behind the handstands and the Banksy piece.