Darren was orchestrating a little game of Sweet 'n' Sour over our dinner of fish, chips, and steamed parsnips tonite. It was fun but inspired by some not so fun behaviour mostly on the children's parts. They have been terrible if you ask our opinions this week-end--fighting and competing constantly and tuning us out. So Darren was acting out some nice (sweet) behavior and some bad (sour) behavior and having them name it. It was fun for J and he was getting into it. I can't believe Luci, who when asked to answer sweet or sour, she would just stutter intentionally and then say something like carrot--she actually had no idea what we were talking about. (Which leads me to ask this question: How do you reason with a child who is so outside the realm of reason? She knows the naughty thrill of doing something to make her brother cry but sometimes she unintentionally is gone, totally absent from our reality,)
Sweet memories....Today, (or was it yesterday?) Darren and I were remember how it wasn't too long ago that Jesse couldn't say his 's's (how in the world do you write that?) so he would always refer to the "tars in the ky", etc. How I miss that! I believe he was saying that even as he started preschool in SF--he was pretty newly 3 then.
One thing Luci does that is really cute is refer to all of us (the humans, dog, and stuffed items or dolls) as "my dears" when we are her babies. Actually it could be just me and I would still be "my dears".
Took a fabulous run to Victoria Park tonight, via Mile End Park and the Canal. Love being able to have Pea by my side (or really far away actually) for it all to sniff things out and be my companion. She does slow me down but then would I be going out at all if I didn't have her to motivate me? She actually did really well considering she did the same thing earlier in the day but at top speed keeping up with Darren's bike.
And now for some bragging. I bet I am just about the only person in the world who, in this month of April, is able to enjoy some peppermint Joe Joes. Do you know anyone besides me (and Darren) eating them? Even my kids aren't eating them yet! Thanks to Annelies who sent me some lovely goodies via my mule Darren who was just in SF! I love my goody bag--I'm going to read that magazine in my cozy bed tonight.
2 comments:
Pam,
I love the dropped "s" thing! We had a kid who did that too! It is adorable!!! She used to talk about being " Cared of nakes" . Is that not precious!
That is a great game! Gonna pull that one out some day soon...
Post a Comment