There's so much to catch up on, where do I begin? Still haven't posted pics from Luci's bday but I promise I will post a variety soon.
So much has happened. Jennifer came and went. We did lots of things like scour shops for a unique (as in something just not available in America) winter coat for her, biking along the canal with Peanut, loving on baby animals (such as the sweetest baby sheep) at our farm, and giving and receiving foot rubs. Darren and I even got to go away for a night on Jennifer! Did I mention Jennifer GAVE me a computer?
Darren left for Africa. That was proceeded by Luci's first day of school today! I think it went well. She wanted to play with me pretty exclusively for the first half but then welcomed other little girls painting on the same sheet of paper with her. I discovered that Lily (coincidentally a little girl I already know from playgroup) likes to layer/lather it on just as thick as Luci. Luci was quite pleased with herself that she shared painting, as was I. Finally, Luci's friends and school are not a figment of her imagination--they are a reality. (Her school stories had been getting really far-fetched primarily because she wasn't attending school 'til today.)
Afterwards. (and I even find this hard to believe) I had 2 opportunities to socialize! I met with a new friend Joanne at a cafe and then, after dinner and bedtime (Luci excepted on this point as she paid many visits) with the kids, Rory and Anna came over for Settlers and as it got later, I was laughing my eyes out. I just love how the British (specifically Rory) say "Rubbish!" Though he informed me it's not really ladylike. Anna says she says it all the time.....
Jesse and Luci are fulfilling their roles as stated by our new chore chart. Luci faithfully brings the cereal and spoons to the table in the morning and Jesse faithfully clears, though I do see him on the brink of disaster with dishes and spoons stacked up precariously. I suppose it's helpful that they do their chores but really I just love the positive energy that it generates. I like that at the end of the day I get to compliment them on how well they've done. And for one of the kids in particular, we've needed the good vibes to push through some of the nastier ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment