Yesterday evening we returned from our church retreat. It started on Friday night with dinner at 7 (there's definitely a different dinner time in this country) and the kids resisting bedtime at 9. It was one of those times to remember with your kids when you are sharing sleeping quarters--4 single beds in a room. Luci resisted sleeping the most with me threatening to turn of the night light (the light over the sink in our room), an action which I finally took to which she started having a melt-down due to her fear of the dark. I was sick of it by then so I succumbed, allowing her to sleep in my saggy single for the night. I remember trying to pull the covers up near our heads at one point only to find that what I thought was her head were her 2 feet. That perhaps was not a good start to the week-end but it got better. We had an interesting speaker give some talks during which the children were in childcare. The kids had a blast and bonded a little further with Rachel(6) and Ben(2), siblings from the church. They and their parents also stayed across the hall and it was cute to see the kids playing together with trucks and cars near the edges of our beds and showing off their pjs to one another. My favorite time was sitting around with a few of the parents when the kids had just finished their fish fingers (sticks) and were running around and the time when the kids were playing house inside a giant bush. I confess I took no pictures--I thought we didn't have the camera with us until I unpacked it from our luggage today.
Jesse has this week off and I can see that it will consist of lots of artwork. He has already made a Farmer Brown book for himself and Luci.
I keep forgetting to report some of Luci's funny business.
For 2 months now, she has, after brushing her teeth (which is at least 3 times a day) said, "Wanna see my teef? They're clean and shiny!"
She also, as the person chronically manipulative at bedtime and often throughout the night, says "I'm not umcomfortable, my bed is not umcomfortable."
The other day as we were on our way to playgroup, I told Luci that this is where she would be going for school pretty soon and she said, "Mom, when am I gonna be a boy?" Once again I had to tell her that boys are not the only ones that go to school.
2 comments:
I love your Luci stories. Sounds like the retreat was a good time!
Luci is turning 3!! way too long since I've seen you folks. . . glad you had a great time with all the folks. it's another snow day here today- pancakes--yum
Post a Comment