Monday, February 16, 2009

Luci is 4






So before I post some pics from her party, which we had yesterday on her birthday, I have to write about some of the funny things Luci's been doing since she is her ever-entertaining self.

Last week when I was playing Settlers with Jeannie, Rory, and Anna after the kids had gone to bed, I found the most un-Peanut like fur on Peanut. It was soft like down and it was growing and peeling off near her backside. Since I didn't want to get up from my chair and we were in the middle of the game, I just made a little pile of it on our already scuzzy rug and totally forgot about it.

The next day when I got up, I found Jesse and Luci sitting at the table eating bowls of cereal. And right next to Luci's bowl was her art project, entitled Furball, a nickname she has for Peanut. It was a blob of my almost red homemade old wholemeal playdo with the fur that I had left on the rug, plugged into it. Added onto that were big melty beads for Furball's eyes, ears etc. All I can say is that it was a sight to behold. As disgusting as it was, I had to save it in the window of my kitchen for several days because of it's utter Luciness.

These days, Luci is good on the phone. Both kids now answer, which is quite handy. Whenever I put Luci on the phone to talk to Darren and I've already said it's Daddy, Luci gets on the phone, asks who it is, and to the answer "Daddy", she asks, "Who's Daddy?" She does this every time she talks to him. Is this some kind of joke?

On another note, Luci loves her show Numberjacks, a very educational show that feature the blobby character "Problem Blob." I admit, I am DEFINITELY blobby now given that I am quite rotund, but a few months ago when I was getting dressed, she likened my body to the Problem Blob and thought that the Problem Blob had gotten ahold of me, which in her accent is Pwoblem Blwob.

Alright, so here are some pictures from yesterday. The party was pretty tame and pleasant. Darren was very lovely to set up the food for us and it turned out to be a nice time for the kids and the ladies. We didn't do anything except hang out and open presents--no pass the parcel or party favors, and therefore more laid back for us and less of an environmental nightmare, which is how children's parties usually appear to me.

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Yay for birthdays! That pink furball art project was priceless! Glad it was a fun and somewhat relaxing day for you guys.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Luci! Love the furball!