My parents are here visiting now. We are all having a good time. Oh my goodness, the kids were so excited that they thought every airplane and door opening for the past week and a half were the grandparents arriving. Today was the first real day in town as yesterday was an early arrival and then recuperation from jetlag. We all had a good night's sleep last night though and ventured out into the neighborhood to show my parents the basics--our favorite place to get coffee, favorite park, and the canal. However, it misted or rained on us the whole time so that we are soggy and glad to be home. The kids and I enjoyed some peppermint Joe Joes that had been in my suitcase and highly desired. Jesse wants to stretch them out until next Christmas though he has no idea what that would take.
Darren just returned home from his week in SF and we are so happy he's back but wish we could get rid of that pink eye that is still in his head--keep it far away from this family, Yikes! He also came bearing gifts form friends that were very touching.
3 comments:
So this is the 2nd time this week I've been told about Joe-Joes & how kids love them. Do I need to go to Trader Joe's and get initiated?
Glad the whole gang is with ya again! Pink eye eh? well, lemme know if I can help some people find that warm compresses make it feel better. . .
Hey, how'd the visit go? (Or is it still going?) I hope it was a relief to have an extra set of hands around...I know even when my parents or in-laws are driving me crazy it's really nice to be able to hand the kids over and go to the bathroom with the doors closed for once.
Post a Comment