So much has flown by and for the most part I've enjoyed it. Here's a recap of our days.
Jesse, Luci,and I took our friend Shirley home from Wednesday night dinner. It was an eventful journey as my kids were ready for bed and only elevated their voices to speak. I was so annoyed with them and welcomed Shirley barking at them. First she said "I'm so glad I don't have kids", as she clenched her head in her hands. Then she said "Stop kicking the seat" and when Luci asked for music she said "She can't do that right now, your mother's first priority is to drive." Inside I felt like I didn't want my kids' feelings to be hurt but mostly, since they weren't listening to me and their voices were killing my head, I was thinking "Yes, Shirley, way to put them or scare them into line." Though I have to admit that she made only a small impact. It was a hilarious ride.
Thursday was a change of plans. I made my chicken casserole for Fish as he was coming over to dinner. And made a chocolate pot de creme for dessert. He got mixed up and didn't make it but we had my friend Andrea and her daugher Bree (Jesse's most long-term friend) over for dinner and the night. Luci and Jesse shared a room again (an opportunity always afforded to us by having guests) and it was proven once again that they don't share a room too well, thought admittedly Bree was the early riser who had a domino effect.
Darren took Jesse to his first Giants game on Saturday. We all headed to Dolores Park from which the two of them took off on the train. Jesse was so excited he wanted to skip playing on the playground and head straight to the game even though it was early. Apparently, at the game, Jesse tried flagging down everybody who came by selling food. I asked him how the game was later and the first thing he said was, "I was hungry a lot." Luci and I stayed at Dolores and took part in the Cinqo de Mayo festivities--primarily the food, which consisted of tamales, pupusas, dulce de leche coffe samples from Starbucks, and gelato, and Peanut frolicked in the grass. What a beautiful day!
Sunday was worship and relaxation but also church busyness, as church was preceded by a deacons meeting and concluded with a deacons lunch. That evening was a respite from the moods and busyness that accumulates--we got to go see David Wilcox with our friends Rick, Cathy, and Scott. Dave Wilcox is an enjoyable storyteller.
Monday was the fulfillment of a dream! Or shall I say 2? We had a playdate with Uma and her mom at Precita Park. It was a scorcher of a day so much so that Jesse was officially introduced to the man with the ice cream cart, a much feared introduction as I know this knowledge could have infinite repercussions. On the way to the park I found a old push lawnmower, something I had been looking for on Craig's List! We'll see if it works......
Tuesday--a perfect finale to all this writing. After a week of back-up in the bathtub the plumber paid us a welcome visit,something Jesse was sorry to have missed. As we climbed our stairs freshly home from school, he said "But can't the plumber come even when something's not broke? Like he could just come over to babysit! Earlier Tuesday, Luci swallowed a penny at the fruit stand. And when I questioned her of the deed, she yelled "Sorry, Mommy!" before I could finish my words. The guilt seemed evident to me but it was nothing like the proof of a shiny penny I found in her diaper today.
Looking forward to Jesse's birthday festivities. I can't believe he's turning 4!
No comments:
Post a Comment