Missed my Wednesday morning run that I usually take before hanging with my friends at the cafe because I took Alice Rouse (head of RYSE at my beloved Starlight in Boston) to the airport. But Pea and I were able to squeeze it in before the kids went to bed, as Darren was enjoying his time with the kids before heading off on his 2-day retreat. And thanks to Alice, I now know how to save my knees when running downhill--tilt your body downward!
We zipped up 20th to Dolores Park, which is wonderful at 6:45 pm in this weather. Peanut rolled and rolled and would catch up with me as I ran the perimeter. Then we stopped to throw the ball (a coveted activity since P has been out of balls for days) before resuming our run. Peanut could barely muster up enough energy to keep up on our run home. I had to run zig-zags or run back to her just to keep running. On the way home we bumped into Lisa Scandrette and Nancy Gnass, 2 of my favorite neighbors and friends. What a beautiful run! I only wish it was longer, but then it would be without Peanut.
1 comment:
Good job on the running, Pam!! :-)
Post a Comment