Darren's been away for the past few days running the apprentice mid-year retreat and I've felt overly surrounded by motherhood. You know I don't like some things too much--dealing with sick children in the middle of the night (however endearing they may be), doling out food so much I've lost my appetite and simultaneously can't be satisfied. (There are some things that are downright humorous--like the dream that Luci constantly, at breakfast, says she had . "I had bad dream. Peter Pan took me and I was flying." I also enjoyed telling Jesse that little boys are made of puppy dog tails all afternoon, and finally having him ask, "Mommy, you're just joking, right?"
Tonight Darren and I had to go to Jesse's school auction right after D got back into town. It was to be a fun event yet something we had to do some work for. For weeks, we have collected donations to be sold at the auction, I baked a pie for the event, and we had some jobs assigned to us at the auction. It's now almost over (Darren's still closing out) and was a decent time, and we're happy to contribute to Jesse's wonderful school.
Tomorrow, the deacons from church are coming over for lunch. We'll treat them to a vegetarian feast of black beans, platanos, and tortillas.
But I'm ready for a little break from the kids and their sickness, happy that my stress over the auction can dissipate, and thinking it's gonna be a good time kickin' back with the deacons. I mean, how complicated our beans? And luckily, the house is in decent shape.
So happy to say good-bye to today, if the kids and car alarms can keep quiet tonight, and even happier to see tomorrow evening coming.
1 comment:
you are a 'princess' of a mom, Pam. Hang in there!! love your stories!
papa dan
Post a Comment