Thursday, December 27, 2007

Images from Today (Not in Pictures)

Luci decorating Christmas cookies with frosting in the way she paints on paper--sticking with one piece and layering and slathering incessantly. This and the constant finger licking/dipping eliminated any possibility of presenting it to the neighbors.

The kids running around Stepney Green after the decorating and pretending to trap Peanut with sticks. We had a definite time restriction (darkness and dinner approaching) so I was happy for the pursuit of Peanut since it increased her exercise.

Me, hanging out with the eldest son upstairs and commenting on how buttery and wonderful the milk always tastes in the tea there. To which he replied, "Oh, it's Carnation."

Peanut repeatedly attempting to get her head inside Luci's new doll house and failing. I thought there was some smell to the wood that she liked but it was just a untouched ginger snap left by Luci. I indulged Peanut because she has a weakness for almost all things ginger and molasses.

Jesse getting so excited, official, and proud about bringing our plate of saran wrapped cookies up to the neighbors. He didn't think there should be too much candy covering the cookies and was good about signing his and his sister's name to the card. (Yesterday he composed a whole card, letter, and envelope for the Hayeses completely on his own. It read "Dear Heezoos, I luv you, luv, frum Jesse.")

Me, appalled, that the woman in number 15 as well as the residents in 7 still don't have service water. And me intrigued to find out that it probably wasn't the number of phone calls that made the water company and council take the problem seriously. It was one of resident's mothers on Christmas Eve who works at BBC.

The 3 of us (Darren is on his first trip back to the US) eating leftover chocolate and biscuits for breakfast with buttery eggs and day old quality coffee, which I have determined is way better than poor fresh coffee. Yummers!

2 comments:

sfitz said...

Sounds like you are having some good times. Glad your water is back on! And chocolate and biscuits, how fantastic! A little jealous here...

Have a great day!

Chris said...

Boy how I miss you guys! I love reading about the water situation from both your and Darren's perspectives. I hope your new year has started out well!