Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Connection to the Outside World
Since moving in, my days have been filled with mediating the debates that J and Luci have, shopping for groceries (I can't believe how much food stocks a kitchen the way we expect it to be), finding things like plungers in local shops, looking for an appropriate school situation for Jesse, and thanking God for the little things, and the big things. I have missed my connection to the outside world since we only have very expensive phone service via Darren's mobile and no internet access. Currently I am sitting in a student pub/lounge of some kind that affords me a connection for the price of coffee (79 p, not bad in London!). Last night we brought the simplest clock radio home from the local electronic store to put in our bedroom and I celebrated my first connection with the outside world in my house. Haven't listened to it yet but I want to see what's out there.
2 comments:
i don't know if you guys have been introduced to skype yet, but once you have an internet connection skype is the way to go. as long as the person you're calling has skype as well, the call is free no matter what country you're calling! just a tip i learned while i lived in europe!
Hey Pammy!
I've been reading these blogs and catching up with the past year of your life. It has been good to read about your experiences. Glad that Darren is a consumate blogger. You will be missed this week as a bunch of the girls are coming into town for Homecoming. Hope you are eating lots of fun English foods--I like the scones with real clotted cream and the little squares of carrot cake you can buy around town. Course we will have to sample some fine indian cuisine when you are able to host visitors.
There's a lot to fill you in on in my life. The recap is that I'm not working at the horrible surgical practice anymore and love my new job at Lawndale. I am using my spanish a lot, getting frustrated a lot but over all really happy here. New roomies, and soon perhaps new church. I am at a loss with what to do at my church please keep that in prayer. I think it is time to leave. Also my married friends have all but deserted me and I think this is strange and unnatural and I am constantly told this is normal. Maybe it's me. . . Well that's the recap. It's like 90 outside and totally hot in my exam room, trying to enjoy the odd sept weather. Really into this Skillet CD right now --Comatose, seems to speak to me right where I need it. Very loud. And I think I am going to try your black beans recipe tomorrow night. Much love Jeannie
Post a Comment