Two days ago when Jesse, Luci, and I were eating Darren's leftover gumbo, which is delicious and we all love, Jesse and I had this conversation:
Jesse: "So the hunters hunt this chicken?"
me: "Well, yes" (I wanted to keep this conversation short because I fear details of the reality of meat will either lead to severe jesse sorrow or nasty details of chicken factories that I would like to only relay in bits and pieces over time.)
Jesse: "Well, I don't like that the chicken had to die for me to eat this chicken because I like chickens."
me: "Well, honey, that's why I like to eat meals without meat most of the time, like beans and other things."
Jesse (after another yummy bite): "Well I'm gonna ask God to kill the hunters because I don't like them hunting the chickens."
1 comment:
Jesse says some of the funniest stuff! Man, your blog makes me laugh :-)
Post a Comment